If you've seen one you've seen them all?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Recently I saw a news story on how some towns across the country are cutting back or eliminating their 4th of July fireworks shows this year. I happen to live in one of those towns. In fact, the last show here was July 4th, 2007. Reason? Can't afford it. My reaction? No big deal. Let me explain why I feel that way. Remember when you first saw fireworks as a kid? You were either scared or amazed or both. Then as time went by, and you experienced more fireworks, (without being scared), you just enjoyed the sights and sounds. Eventually, as an adult, if you were anything like me, you began to take notice of something. The fireworks seem to look the same year after year. Sure, they're enjoyable to watch with children, friends, your girlfriend or boyfriend or wife or husband, but how much have fireworks actually changed over time? Of course, the pyrotechnic companies try to change things up or at least extend the length of the shows, and theme parks with unlimited budgets can create very elaborate shows with the inclusion of lasers, music, etc. Anyway, what I'm trying to say is, since most fireworks shows are very similar, it's not a big deal for me to have a July 4th go by without actually seeing one. That's just my middle aged opinion.

0 comments