Do I really need 200 million dollars?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic How many of you play the state lotteries on a regular basis and how many just play when the jackpot is very high? The reason for bringing up this subject is to talk about the ridiculously high jackpots. Why have just one set of winning numbers when you're talking about so much money? For example, there have been jackpots totalling hundreds of millions of dollars, and the only time that amount would possibly be divided up is if several people picked the exact same winning numbers. I believe there should be a winner for every one million dollars in the total. Think about it. With a two hundred million dollar jackpot, you could have 200 separate winners of one million dollars each, which for the average person, would be plenty. I believe the amount of people playing lotteries set up like that would be even higher than they are now, producing regularly higher jackpots and therefore many more million dollar winners. Everyone I've ever discussed this with tends to agree, and nobody seems to know why this way is not done. Even after paying the taxes on the one million dollars, my wife and I would be thrilled to suddenly have all that extra money. That's just my middle aged opinion.

2 Your comments?

Anonymous said...

in many countries you can win awful lot of money in lotteries but for ex. here in Finland the highest amount, jackpot, is about 5 million euros , usually it's about one million. Still, people are playing like crazy, also thos not usually actives when the pot is high.
It's nice to read your blog. (I found this adress through "in facebook +40)

July 25, 2009 at 11:29 AM
Unknown said...

To Anonymous,
Thanks for the comment/compliment. The struggle with a blog is getting readers but I continue to do all I can because I believe my blog is well designed and easy/interesting to read.

July 25, 2009 at 11:49 AM