Breaker one nine for a radio check...........

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Do you remember CB radios? Their most popular time was the 1970's (especially after the success of Smokey and the Bandit) but they continued somewhat into the 80's and now are more of a novelty still used by some truckers. I had a CB radio when I was around sixteen and enjoyed the anonymous communications with others. In retrospect it was kind of like the "chat rooms" of our computer age but for some reason chat rooms always seemed kind of creepy to me. I had a large antenna at my house that would give me extended range and if you were lucky, your signal could "skip" across the atmosphere allowing you to briefly chat with someone hundreds or even thousands of miles away.
With the tremendous advances in technology, there's not much point in having a CB but many of us have fond memories of long ago when they were really fun to use. "10-4 and goodbye"
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

2 Your comments?

Anonymous said...

They were a lot of fun , back then. CB radios are still used a lot by truckers.

April 7, 2013 at 3:59 PM
Anonymous said...

I dare you to drive on active logging roads at 4am without a CB!

May 24, 2014 at 12:13 AM